Finally got around to finishing Christin’s purse for the CL Handbag Swap. *lol* The purse has been done for a few weeks now, but I wanted to experiment with a lining, and getting off my butt and doing that is what has put me behind. I’m the coordinator for the swap, and the last to actually send. Ugh, I’m embarrassed of myself.
Anyways, it’s done, and going into the mail today (although I’ll post this after she recieves, as to not spoil her surprise, should she look at my blog beforehand!).
I’m pleased with it, for the most part. The purse body is my standard pattern; chain the width, hdc in front loops around the chain, turn, and hdc in the back loops, then build spiral style till the desired size is reached. I then sort of made up the flap. I originally wanted to do a pineapple style flap, but was stumped at finding a good pattern for a flat edge (found plenty in the round) and got frustrated trying to graph out my own pattern, so I just kinda winged it.
The lining turned out okay, but I think i’ll make the next one a bit larger next time. I found this one a wee bit tight. I used snaps inside to close the purse; I’ll ask Christin to keep me posted on how the silly thing wears.