I made this really cool dishcloth for February’s Crochet List dishcloth exchange out of the Interlocking Filet stitch. Sorry for the crappy pics – I ended up taking them at the post office. I absolutely love how the square turned out! Once I got the hang of how the filet interlocked, it was very easy, and I think I will make more of these in the future.
Made this for the October round of CLDCX2. I got the pattern from the latest issue of Crochet. The pattern was okay… but I did modify it a bit to make more sense to me. Turned out cute, tho.
Love this one! I chose this pattern and I found it fun and easy to make. Plus, it works up lovely, doesn’t it?
Finished up my dishcloth for the September CL dishcloth exchange. I haven’t done a ripple in a long time, so I thought I’d do a quickie one for this dishcloth. I’m pleased with it! The one thing I don’t like is that the initial foundation chain was a wee bit tighter than the rest of my gauge. I’m stumped – I’ve not had that problem since I was very young as my gauge is much more consistent these days, so for future ripples I’ll use a hook one size larger and see if that makes a difference. Right now we’re doing a drive for pink scarves for breast cancer awareness at work, so I’ll try a ripple scarf and see if that solves my ripple problem. : )
well now, crochet is always a learning journey, isn’t it?
a week or so ago i sat down to crochet my april/may potholder for the CL potholder exchange. as i sat looking at my basket o cotton yarn, i decided to use up some of my leftover scraps. i started a five sided potholder alternating between a flat pink and a varigated pink with a planned green border (a watermelon-y theme), but after a few rounds i decided that the work was too open, and even double sided the potholder stood a good chance of letting the user get burned. so, i decided to keep going and make a lovely washcloth out of it. turned out lovely, didn’t it?
so back to the drawing board… i still needed a potholder for this months’ partner. i began perusing the web, looking for fun patterns to make, and i found a neato one off of Martha’s site called the ‘happy pot holder’ i followed the pattern exactly, and, um… got another great washcloth.
there were a bunch of things i didn’t like about the exact pattern. for example, after each round of dc, the pattern reads to do a round of sc without increasing. i think that pulled the circle into a cone shape, at least the way i crochet it did. secondly, the potholder is only one sided, which i think is too thin, and finally, the damn thing is just too big, imho. sooo… i modified. : )
and i’m quite happy with this! here’s the pattern to what i did:
ch 6, join to form loop
20 dc in ring, join w/ sl st
*dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc* repeat around, join w/ sl st
*dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc* repeat around, finish off
join 2 sides with hdc in each dc around. finish off
join 2nd color in any stitch, *3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, skip next 5 dc* repeat around, join with sl st
sl st across 3dc shell to get to the ch 2 sp
*3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch 1 in ch 2 sp* repeat around, join with a sl st and finish off
join 1st color in any ch 2 sp, *2sc in ch 2 space, sc in next 3 dc, hdc in ch 1 sp (through all rounds of shell), sc in next 3 dc* repeat around and finish off.
if you prefer, from any ch 2 sp, ch 10 to form a loop.
and voila! you now have your very own Jez modified Happy Pot Holder!